Welcome 2018 Series Riders!
This is the latest info on the largest series in the NW with over 2000 competitors
Bend Endurance Academy are the 2018 Team Champions for the Juniors and Best overall Team as well. New Team format below to spice it up.
Congrats young Guns of Bend!
Check out the Results page for current results at onlineraceresults.com! Simply search oregon off road series.
NEW Team Format for 2018
Scoring: Lowest points win for individuals and team scoring like before.
Please read closely as this could blow your mind.
First of all Shop teams with some exceptions are dead. Now don’t think that I have went off the deep end quite yet.
Some of your teams are excellent and I salute you. Bend Endurance Academy, Team S and M, Corvallis Cyclery Racing, Team Dirt, Pistis (now we are going back in time) and more that focus on mountain biking with more than 4 riders at every event. In reality I would expect a shop team to have 6-10 riders at every event representing the shop and cycling culture!
You may still race as a Official OBRA team with your top three placing riders counting towards overall Team points. In addition riders are now encouraged to go rogue (you do not have to be on the same team) and sign up as a four person team with the top three counting for the series.
The hardest part may be what to call your newly formed team.
Best of PDX? Best of Bend? Jedi Masters of Oregon? Women of PDX? You get the drift. Heck we may end up having a Best Womens Team Comp in the future if this takes off. This also applies to the Juniors.
You cannot race for your OBRA Team and a Rogue team at the same time, so make the choice and defend your squad or go rogue and team up.
Your roster must be official by the wednesday pr
You’re rogue team must register a roster by requesting the google sheet to list your 5 rider max team for 2018. The best three placings count with a best score of 3 for any race.
Please check your Team Spellings and send me your Team Captain’s Name and E-mail to make sure we capture all rider
Make sure to register your team captain and have a Team Captain check your points weekly on every Wednesday as results become final for series scoring.
(Team Captains will have access to the scoring page via google drive to make edits)
- Best 4 races count for individual and all events count for the Best Team Competition. No Team Kit requirement
- Toss out low series scores to leave the best 4 results
- Lowest points win the series points from individual scoring carry over to the Team Competition (Best 4 Team Results)
- 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 ect for all categories except Cat 3(Novice) 50% additional points 1.5,3,4.5,6 ect
- When upgrading you can take 200% of your points if you upgrade within the first 4 events through the Coast Hills Classic (Who knows you may be faster than you think) and move them to the Next Ability Level
- All riders with 4 results or more will be tracked for the series final placings with riders finishing 4 or more placed above those racing 4 times. 4 points would win the series with the final series race deciding any ties
- A Perfect Team Score at a race is 4. Remember Cat 3(Novice Riders) are scored at
- We will not force you to upgrade after Chainbreaker has completed to allow you to go for the Champion
- OBRA RULES 5 top 3’s in a 12 month period in a full field (10 for women and 15 for men). You can Finish the series in your current Category, but need to upgrade the next year unless you are in Cat 2 Sport 50-59, 60+ Men or Cat 2 40-49 or 50-59 Women where you can stay in place and race against youre peers.
- Remember no upgrades past Cat 2 for Men 50+ or Women 40+ they can move up if they want, but can stay racing Masters as long as they want.
- LINK to annual Membership with OBRA 30.00 for adults and 10.00 for Juniors for an entire year of racing any discipline. Sign up January/February so you get your license in plenty of time.
All Champions for the Oregon Off Road series and OBRA Junior Series must have raced at least 4 times including Juniors in the Oregon Off Road series presented by Rivercity Bicycles to receive Champion jerseys provided by