SO much fun traveling to great events in the Pacific Northwest! remember all races really only last 15 minutes then you cannot pedal much harder, and in most cases will end up in racing against 1 or 2 people for the next 1-2 hrs!
Categories are listed below and offer a wide array of ways to participant in any of the series races.
Each event may offer a unique age group inside of any Series category as long as it is clearly identified as a Non Series category
Series Champions in each of 20 categories will have a chance to win this jersey post event from Primal Wear
Categories 2015 (Categories that are in Bold text are eligible for the above Champion jersey post series)
Any rider may self select any category except Elite. No points will be upgraded at Athlete Path for riders that upgrade past the 3rd event so choose your category wisely and have fun.
Mandatory upgrades will occur through Spring Thaw and Race #5 per OBRA rules, so if you are fast you may want to upgrade prior to being asked to
Elite Men (requires upgrade or prior approval from OBRA or a current USAC Pro License)
Expert (Cat 1) Men
Expert (Cat 1) Men 45+
Elite Women (requires upgrade or prior approval from OBRA or a current USAC Pro License)
Expert Women (Cat 1)
(The Above are Cash Purse Categories for the series races) SS may be included if they are included with the Elite wave or in some cases the fastest overall times count towards the cash purse)
In most cases all of the above will run on the longest course
Junior Sport (Cat 2) Men 14-18 (Racing with 19-39) Split out for overall awards and Champion Jersey
Sport ( Cat 2) Men 19-39
Sport (Cat 2) Men 40-49
Sport (Cat 2) Men 50-59
Sport (Cat 2 ) Men 60+
Clydesdale 200+ Men
Sport (Cat 2) Women 19-39
Sport (Cat 2) Women 40-49
Sport (Cat 2) Women 50+ **
All of the Sport (cat 2) categories will race on the middle distance or longest with events with only 2 distances
Novice (Cat 3) Men 19-39*
Novice (Cat 3) Men 40+*
Novice (Cat 3) Women 19-39*
Novice (Cat 3 Women 40+)*
Fat Bike (New for 2015 at select events) Non Gender specific and a demonstration category for 2015 (Short Course)
Junior Novice (Cat 3) Men 10-12, 13-14, 15-16, 17-18 Men and Women
(junior Men and women overall in the above categories will be scored for the Oregon Off-road Champion Jersey sent Fall 2015)
* Shorter course
Please do not race in different ability levels from race to race. If you start out and are over your head you can downgrade officially through OBRA and move to your appropriate ability. Participants can select any of the above abilities through Expert (Cat 1) without an official Upgrade from OBRA. Annual licenses are recommended and only 25.00 HERE but a one day license is fine for any category for 5.00 and or Junior Annuals are only 5.00!
Typical Time or distance of each and definition
- Fast and same long course staging with the Elites, People race this for either the distance or because they are fast, or like to be away from all the other groups behind them.
- This is the Cash purse crowd for the Series at each event!
- May race as the longest course at some venues but not quite ready to step up to the fastest group (Largest fields by far)
- Most age groups are offered by the Oregon Off-Road Series in this intermediate field.
- This is the typical distance for Clydesdales 200+ also.
- This group at most events will have multiple wave starts to provide the best racing
- Novice (Cat 3) Just starting out?
- I like to race 1 hr to 1.5 hrs and am out for fun!
- Juniors except for faster Juniors racing up in Sport (cat 2) 19-39 will race this in 2 year age groups
Juniors are allowed to race up and compete with the Expert (Cat 1) 19-44 men if the distance is not suited to your ability.
Any Team Can Compete and you up to 4 members at each event to score points. Even non OBRA Teams will be tracked Via Athlete path for the series so if your team name does not show at OBRA please look at the individual race and or Athlete Path for your results for whatever need you may have.
Team Names are official after the series starts or by Mudslinger so no switching teams during the season of XC races or points transfers between teams
Team captains or leaders have until Wednesday at 9am after each event to make any adjustments.
Special Pricing for Top 3 teams from our Jersey Sponsor Primal Wear
Athlete Path Custom Socks to all racers who race 6 times or more in 2015
Custom Trophies for top Team in the Series for 2015
One Yakima Holdup for the TOP Team!
Please wear a helmet at all times while on your bike. This includes before and after Events. You can be DQ’d for not doing this. OBRA rules apply!
- Please use toilets and do not urinate where others can see.
- No bad language or attitude
- Do not drop gel packs or anything on the course except for sweat.
- Please pull over if vehicles are on the roads when warming up and remember that any course could have a vehicle on it so pay attention.
- There is no insurance provided by OBRA if you crash. We will call the emt or 911 in an emergency (lets not have any accidents like that)
- BE nice when passing slower riders, say—— coming by, track, when its safe, love ya —ect
The Series is part of the Oregon Bicycle Racing Association and sign up for your Membership early with OBRA for 25.00 for Adults and 5.00 for Juniors or pay 5.00 for a one day license to race.
Individual race Directors will be selling memberships at the races. Each race will have 300-500+ Day of race plates for you and twist ties or zip ties. These plates you can keep and put on your garage wall, ect. Do not use these plates in any race other than the one you are racing. The Junior MTB Series will have special plates for the 5 race series inside of the Oregon Off-Road Series
This is a great year to get more people and reach out to Juniors from across the state to join and learn from your Team in 2015
Have Fun be safe and I will see you soon on the trail
Oregon Off-Road Series director
Please let us know if you have any feedback and feel free to contact me anytime at email@example.com